Thursday 18 November 2010

Happy Social Enterprise Day!!

I hope your having as much fun as I am on this day of all days. Thank you for the wonderful feedback, as one member's message said today, "We celebrate with you on this special SEL Day and congratulate you on the hard work that you have been doing to help other enterprises."

 I am moving from one event to another but via the wonderful blackberry I thought I'd do a quick post. First off we took this lovely shot of the SEL team this morning while we were still together and before the fun and games started. Sarah Ramsey, pictured to the far right, is going to be our new Head of Finance and Operations in the New Year was having an induction day, so I hope we made her feel welcome.



Since then I have been participating in  a great event at the DCLG where I met SEL Board John Charles, CEO of Catering to Order who has just landed a £1.2 million contract with Waltham Forest Council – fabulous news! I keep talking about the potential for social enterprises to win public sector contracts in this current climate but it is lovely to have evidence, and Catering to Order is such a great social enterprise.


The purpose of the event was to set up a Human Library. People who have some advice on social enterprise to offer were 'taken out' by people who were interested in that advice. I had some really good chats with folk including Sarah, pictured here, a DCLG staffer, who was a Befriending volunteer and very interested in social care.


I'm off soon to the Unltd social enterprise celebration but have also just received a phone call to say that I have won a social enterprise hamper which is on its way over from Social Firms UK who were running a raffle at the DCLG gig. Happy Social Enterprise Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment