Thursday 19 May 2011

CICs – interested?




I am joining a panel at 1pm live on the Guardian Social Enterprise Network website to discuss Community Interest Companies (CICs). I think CICs are great – well I would, we are one but I also think that a great deal of confusion exists around the structure and its applicability, so I welcome the debate.

In keeping with so much in the social enterprise world, it's horses for courses. Sometimes CICs are spot on, sometimes other types of company structure are called for, it depends on what you want to do and how you are going to operate. I hope I can shed some light on the subject, I shall certainly be reflecting the thoughts of SEL members, many of whom were early adopters of the CIC.

If you want to join in the link is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment