Wednesday 12 January 2011

I enter the row over Future Jobs Fund

Social Enterprise Live carried a good piece today  on the growing debate over the Future Jobs Fund scheduled to close early this year. In SEL's experience it was a scheme that worked brilliantly in the social enterprise world and quite unlike the Single Work Program, which is due to replace it, it offered young people targeted support as well as opportunity to end up doing jobs that inspired them. I have just finished going through my in tray and I can't tell you how many emails I have had from social enterprises we worked with who loved the scheme and kids delighted to have landed jobs they are proud to do. It breaks my heart that we had to stop. As I told the reporter, Chrisanthi Giotis, today, which did not make it into the piece, we could have placed three times the 500 young people that we put through the program, and kids need good jobs more than ever. To re view the full article click here.....

Scrapped £1 billion jobs fund gets more support

No comments:

Post a Comment